A longtime tradition of The Simpson’s opener, Bart Simpson is seen writing a phrase over and over on the chalkboard–presumably as punishment for some offense. We, however, are in better circumstances. We can easily crank out as many “I will not…” type phrases as we want (well, until the browser crashes, anyway).
There are three main components to this Skillz:
- A for loop to count the number of times to repeat the action
- The string concatenation operator
Need a greater challenge? Add some style to the HTML and split the repeated phrase so that it spans over multiple columns, much as Bart Simpson’s does on the chalkboard.
Materials and Technology
- Text editor or Codepen
- Demonstrate repeating actions over a set number of iterations using a for loop
- HTML page posted to student account with pen embedded (if used), or link to Skillz via portal page
- URL to Skillz posted to corresponding dropbox basket in eCompanion course shell