Assumptions worksheet questions
The following worksheet comes from Lean UX: Applying Lean Principles to Improve User Experience by Jeff Gothelf. For an overview of the Lean UX principles and approach read Lean UX: Getting Out of the Deliverables Business over on Smashing Magazine.
- I believe my customers have a need to _____.
- These needs can be solved with _____.
- My initial customers are (or will be) _____.
- The #1 value a customer wants to get out of my service is _____.
- The customer can also get these additional benefits: _____.
- I will acquire the majority of my customers through _____.
- I will make money by _____.
- My primary competition in the market will be _____.
- We will beat them due to _____.
- My biggest product risk is _____.
- We will solve this through _____.
- What other assumptions do we have that, if proven false, will cause out business/product to fail? _____.
- Who is the user?
- Where does our product fit in their work or life?
- What problems does our product solve?
- When and how is our product used?
- What features are important?
- How should our product look and behave?