Pig Boss, Big Boss
Actually, this is a medium Boss (i.e. a midterm).
Pig Dice Game Boss (Midterm)
Game Rules, Two Dice variant:
- Two dice rolled
- Total of both dice added to turn score
- If a single 1 is rolled, points lost for turn–no turn score–and turn is over
- If two 1s (double 1s) are rolled, no points for turn and player loses all points–score reset to 0 and turn is over
- If doubles are rolled (not 1s), sum of points added to turn score and player must roll again
- Player may choose to end turn or roll again
- First player to 100 points wins
see: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pig_(dice_game) for details
also: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pass_the_Pigs for version with pigs
- Some code already in place, but is not be completely functional or error-free
- There are some clues in the code, if you are paying attention
- You will need to write code to make the game playable
- Some errors may exist in the HTML but not in the CSS
- To beat this Boss you must get this code to work as a playable game
- Spend quality time thinking through the problem and identifying the inputs, processing, and outputs.
- Output die roll results, turn score results, and total score as appropriate
- Indicate winner and game over
- Submit your HTML and JS files to the eCompanion dropbox basket by Midnight, Saturday May 6th. Files not submitted will receive a 0 for midterm.
- This is a basic game in terms of game play, but still challenging enough to program using what’s been covered to date.
- There are definitely ways to ‘do it better’. Most of those involve stuff we haven’t covered yet.
This text is included as a block comment on the JS file.
Download the zip file: pig-boss
This assignment is due: Saturday, May 6, 2017.